March 2017 to October 2017
Closing Date: 24 January 2017
The purpose of the Europa Visiting Fellowship Scheme is to enable the Centre for European Studies to host early career and distinguished researchers from an Australian or overseas academic institution with a view to promoting and building research excellence in EU studies.
The main goals of the Scheme are:
- Promote the Centre’s national and international reputation;
- Advance new and established research collaborations between the Centre and leading researchers and institutions within and outside Australia;
- Enhance the national and international scope and/or impact of collaborative research within the Centre;
- Develop further the Centre’s research culture through master classes, seminars, public engagement events and other activities; and
- Enrich the research and training environment for early career (postgraduate and postdoctoral) scholars based in the Centre.
In 2017 the ANUCES welcomes Europa Fellowship applications relating to the following themes: movement of people; Australia-EU relations; Britain and the European Union; Germany and the European Union; the EU and international trade. Applications from Early Career Researchers are especially welcome.
Conditions of Europa Visiting Fellowship Scheme Award
The Europa Visiting Fellowship Scheme will be awarded under the following conditions:
- The Award will fund a minimum of six weeks at the Centre. Fellows are expected to be based at the ANU full-time for the duration of the Fellowship. Should they wish, Fellows may take their award over two periods. Key provisions of the award are:
- Candidates need to guarantee that they will spend the full funding period in Canberra. Periods away from the Centre should not occur during the period covered by the accommodation segment of their Fellowship.
- Candidates opting to take their award over two periods will get an airfare paid only once through the Visiting Fellowship Scheme.
- A candidate’s period of stay will be expected to be no less than specified in the nomination form.
- Fellows will be expected to contribute fully to the academic life of the Centre and the University throughout the term of their fellowship. This will require regular attendance on campus.
- Only one Fellowship may be awarded to an applicant within a three-year period.
- The value of the Fellowship shall be up to AU$10,000 in total. It shall comprise a contribution to return economy class airfare to Canberra up to AU$3,000, a contribution towards rental accommodation and other living expenses where appropriate, access to the University library and other relevant infrastructure including office space and computing facilities.
1. Application Form
Applicants should submit a completed application form, together with a CV and list of publications and/or professional activities. Application forms can be downloaded below.
2. Project Proposal
Applicants should provide a 1-2 page description of their planned research project - see information on the application form. Particular attention should be paid to the research outcomes of the proposed visit to the ANUCES.
3. Referee Reports
Applicants need to provide the names of two referees who will support their application. Referees should submit their confidential report separately to the ANU Centre for European Studies on the form provided, by the closing date of that Call for Applications. Referee reports can be downloaded below.
Applications should be sent by post, fax or email:
Attn: Visiting Fellows Program
ANU Centre for European Studies
The Australian National University
1 Liversidge Street (Building 67C)
Canberra ACT 0200
F: +61 2 6125 9976
Application form (PDF version - click here)
Referee report (PDF version - click here)
Please contact Shojie Alicer-Britton
T: +61 2 6125 9896
Europa Fellowship Round 2016