The ANU Centre for European Studies (ANUCES) has recruited eight Visiting Fellows to run a series of Europa Policy Labs that will offer evidence-based research to challenge the policy status quo and encourage innovative and responsible policies that benefit the EU and Australia.This is part of an EU funded Erasmus+ Jean Monnet Project and will focus on specific policy challenges including environment, trade, and migration. The eight Visiting Fellows will each undertake two visits to ANUCES during 2018–19.
The first Europa Policy Lab will be delivered by Professor Karel Janda at 11am on 2 August. Check the ANUCES Events page for more information coming soon.
Europa Policy Labs Visiting Fellows, 2018–19:
- Professor Michel Bruter – London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
‘Optimising Electoral Ergonomics – Comparing Australian and European Experiences'
- Dr Karine Chevreul – Université Paris Diderot
‘Users’ Empowerment and Involvement in Shaping Mental Health Policy: A Study of the Australian and French Cases’
- Dr Sarah Harrison – London School of Economics and Political Science, United KingdomUnderstanding the Electoral Needs of Vulnerable and Under–Represented Voters’
- Professor Karel Janda – Institute of Economic Studies, Charles University, Czech Republic
‘Renewable Energy in Europe with Global Connections’
- Dr Diana Lopez-Falcon – Max Planck Institute, Germany
‘Poor and Lonely? Living Conditions of Elderly Migrants’
- Professor Myriam Merad – Nice Sophia Antipolis University, France
‘Expertise and Decisions in Environmental Health, Safety and Security Fields – How is Science Mobilised to Design, Assess and Legitimate Policy?’
- Professor Irina Ribarova – EU Commission, Belgium, and University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Sofia, Bulgaria
‘The Urban Water Value Chain and Circular Economy Policies’
- Dr Francesca Vassallo – University of Southern Maine, USA
‘Electoral Populism, European Elections and Threats to Democratic Governance’
For more information about the Europa Policy Labs project, visit the Europa Policy Labs webpage.