Between 10-12 September the ANU School of Politics and International Relations is hosting a groundbreaking conference on Human Rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT).
This conference, coming out of a project sponsored by The British Academy and The Australian National University, will be a world first - bringing together the leading international experts who work on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in the OPT. These experts will discuss issues such as the right to self determination, the right to freedom of movement, the right to adequate health and education, the right to adequate food and water, and the right to housing.
Confirmed presenters to date include:
- Professor Hanan Ashrawi, prominent Palestinian legislator and scholar
- Professor Richard Falk, the UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in the OPT
- Professor Jeff Halper, Co-founder and Director of the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions
- Professor Sara Roy, leading international Gaza expert from Harvard University
- Anat Litvin, Head of the Prisoners and Detainees Section of Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) Israel
- Ziyaad Lunat, Advocacy Coordinator for the OPT ‘Task Force of the Emergency Water, Sanitation and Hygiene’ group (EWASH)
Places are strictly limited, and are filling up fast. To register go to: http://www.humanrightsinpalestine.com/registration
For further information on the conference go to: www.humanrightsinpalestine.com