The 'Violet Economy' is an economic strategy announced on the 21st of October, 2020 in Ecuador that aims to reduce the labour gaps between men and women and that were exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic in economic, political and social sectors.
- Opening remarks - First Secretary, Embassy of Ecuador in Australia, Manuela Fernandez de Cordova.
- Violet Economy - The Secretary for Human Rights of Ecuador, Mrs Cecilia Chacon
- "Super Rural Woman" - The Minister of Agriculture and Lovestock of Ecuador, Mr. Xavier Lasso
- The ANU Gender Institute - Sally Moyle, Gender Responsive Budgeting in Australia
- Australian National Centre for Latin American Studies (ANCLAS) - Dr. Caroline E. Schuster, Director of ANCLAS
- Questions and Answers
- Closing Remarks - The Ambassador of Ecuador to Australia, H.E. Mr. Mauricio Montalvo
Please register to attend this online event through Eventbrite.