Call for Expressions of Interest: ANCLAS Research Grants
The Australian National Centre for Latin American Studies (ANCLAS) has four grants available to support academic research. All academic staff and PhD students undertaking research relevant to Latin America are eligible to apply.
Funds can be used for:
- Workshops/retreats/masterclasses for postgraduate students to be held on an ANU campus
- Writing workshops or professional development opportunities for ECRs
- Distinguished lecture, symposium, or panel discussion by a renowned expert or experts in Latin American Studies. This can include support for a scholar traveling from Latin America.
- Dissemination of research findings such as book launches, round table discussions, and so on.
- A signature event of public and engaged scholarship
Cross-disciplinary and collaborative initiatives that have secured funding from other areas of the University are especially encouraged.
Categories not eligible for funding:
Please note that ANCLAS does not fund personal research activities, field research, team projects (other than those specified above), personnel such as research assistants or teaching relief, scholarships or bursaries. We aim to support events and scholarly activities that are open to and benefit the wider ANU community.
The value of the grants are two of $4,000 and two of $1,500.
Applications for this funding should take the form of a word document of no more than one page. The application should include: (1) what the funds will be used for, including a draft budget; (2) how it fits with your current or proposed research; and (3) a clear description of the deliverables from the funding. Those receiving funding will be asked to provide statements demonstrating they have delivered on the awards given and to provide a brief description for the ANCLAS website.
Joint applications are encouraged. Researchers working together who wish to obtain funding for a specific project should not put in separate applications but one joint application.
Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for requests is the 28 February 2020.
Applications will be considered by the ANCLAS Executive and announced in mid-March
Please note that all funds will have to be spent by 11 December 2020. The timetable and budget should therefore take this factor into account.