The Australian Politics Studies Centre’s Visitor’s Program aims to bring scholars from around Australia to the Australian National University’s School of Politics and International relations. Located in the national capital, within close proximity to the national Parliament and all of Australia’s major research and cultural institutions, this visitor’s program offers an excellent opportunity to undertake fieldwork and to engage with more than 70 political scientists based at the ANU. Visitors will be given the opportunity to present their work to the ANU scholarly community.
2022 Fellows Round Open
The APSC is calling for applications for the 2022 fellowship round. The Centre will fund up to three (3) Visiting Scholars for 2022 to Visit the Australian National University’s School of Politics and International Relations Department.
The scheme is open to any individual who:
- holds a paid academic position at an Australian University (or related institution);
- are actively engaged in the study of Australian politics;
- hold a PhD in political science.
What we offer
The Scholars scheme offers successful applicants the following:
- Up to $1750 for accommodation (usually on campus at University House or similar)
- Up to $750 for travel costs
- Office space and use of all School of Politics and IR/ ANU library facilities (for the period of their visit)
- Opportunity to present their work at a SPIR/CSAP seminar/workshop
What we ask of Fellows
A key aim of the scheme is to facilitate meaningful engagement between SPIR staff and graduate students and leading scholars of Australian Politics visiting CSAP. Therefore we ask applicants to outline how they might facilitate this. It might include informal meetings with HDR students, a seminar or master class or some other mode of engagement.
Please note that applicants MUST be resident in Canberra for the duration of their Fellowship. They must visit between October 2022 and 30 June 2023. All travel and accommodation bookings must be made during 2022.
Individuals meeting the eligibility criteria should apply in writing to Dr Marija Taflaga at email@example.com with ‘CSAP Fellow’ in the email header. A complete application MUST include the following:
- Short CV including current and previous academic positions, qualifications, research grants received, and publications (max 5 pages)
- An application (no more than 1 A4 page) including the following details:
- Name, Current Position and University Affiliation
- Proposed work during the Fellowship (e.g. work with SPIR/ANU staff; conduct interviews in Canberra, etc).
- Intended engagement activities with staff or HDR students
- Indicative budget
Applications must be received (via email) by 5 pm (EST) on 14 October 2022. Successful applicants will be notified by 24 October 2022.
Dr Rob Manwarring (Flinders University)
Dr Narelle Miragliotta (Monash University)
Dr Annika Werner (Griffith University)
A/Prof Anika Gauja (University of Sydney)
Prof Cassandra Star (Flinders University)